Before the Committee on Admissions will take action on the application of a candidate, the following credentials must be submitted to the UTHSC-H Office of the Registrar.
All application materials sent by mail to the following address:
Office of the Registrar
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
7000 Fannin, Suite 2250 UCT
P.O. Box 20036
Houston, Texas 77225-0036
- Completed application form along with the sixty dollar ($60.00) non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts showing all previous college work completed and in progress. Electronic transmission is preferred by the institution directly to The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Office of the Registrar.
- Letters of Recommendation. Three (3) letters must be on the institutional form provided and sent directly to the Office of the Registrar, by the recommending person.
- All pre-reqisites need to be completed by May 31 prior to the Fall semester enrollment.
- All applicants for the Dental Hygiene class beginning Fall 2015 will be required to take the Health Science Reasoning Test as part of a holistic application process. This is a computer based test that is specifically designed to measure critical thinking skills. The test consists of critical thinking questions in health sciences contexts, although no specialized technical knowledge is required.
The Texas Success Initiative (TSI), formerly TASP, is a state mandated program that is designed to improve student success and outcomes in college. Any student seeking to enroll in an undergraduate program at UT-Houston must provide proof of successful completion of the Texas Success Initiative prior to being enrolled. For more information on specific testing requirements, testing exemptions, and college readiness, go to http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/index.cfm?objectid=71E279EA-95B5-0DB0-20F696AE66D2051D.
Applicants from countries where English is not the native language and did not attend a U.S. High School are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Information and application booklets may be obtained from any university admissions office, or by writing or calling
the Office of the Registrar. A minimum score of 550 points (in written form) or 213 points (in electronic form) is required.
Applicants who have completed part or all of their education at schools outside of the United States must submit their official transcripts for a course-by-course descriptive evaluation through the Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc., P.O. Box 92970, Milwaukee, WI 53202-0970. ECE must send the evaluation directly to the Office of the Registrar.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS SEPTEMBER 1 FOR STUDENTS PLANNING TO ENTER THE FOLLOWING FALL. All pre-reqisites need to be completed by May 31 prior to the Fall semester enrollment.