Submit all application materials to the Office of the Registrar; The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston ; 7000 Fannin, Suite 2250 UCT; P.O. Box 20036; Houston, TX 77225-0036, 713-500-3361. Submission of materials to another address may delay the process. The Registrar forwards application materials received to the School of Biomedical Informatics.
A complete application form will include the following:
- A completed application form. The online application is available at https://apply.uth.tmc.edu.
- Application fee: $60.00 (non-refundable). At the end of completing the application the applicant will be forwarded to an online system for the payment of this fee.
- A Formal letter of application maximum two pages. In a letter submitted with the application form, the applicant should indicate his or her educational background and informatics related work experience, study plans and professionals goals.
- One official transcript from each college, university or other institution of higher education attended. Transcripts are to be sent at the applicant's request directly to the Office of the Registrar by each of the institutions attended. Please request that transcripts be sent electronically. If you have attended any school within the UTHSC-H, it is not necessary to request transcripts.
All Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by an independent evaluation service. It is recommended to use Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. http://www.ece.org for a course by course evaluation.
- Three recommendations. Please use the Applicant Recommendation forms available on this site. The applicant should arrange to have recommendations submitted directly to the Office of the Registrar by at least three persons who are well qualified to evaluate the applicant's scholastic performance, health informatics work experience and motivations, and personal attributes such as character and personality. If the applicant is currently enrolled or has completed a graduate degree program, one of these recommendations must be from the applicant's academic advisor or mentor.
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- The result of the
Miller Analogies Test
(MAT) or the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is required. The MAT is administered by Harcourt Brace, and the GRE examination is administered by the Educational Testing Service of Princeton, New Jersey, 08540. Either test is taken at the applicant's expense. Either the written or the computerized version is acceptable. The applicant must specifically request that the results be forwarded directly to the Office of the Registrar using institutional code #6907. Further information including dates and places of administration may be obtained separately from the Office of the Registrar, E.T.S. or the world wide web at http://www.gre.org or http://pearsonassess.com/haiweb/Cultures/en-US/site/Community/PostSecondary/Products/MAT/mathome.htm . NOTE: GRE scores need to be sent directly from the Testing Center on data disks and may take up to 3 weeks for us to receive scores from ETS.
- If appropriate, a minimum Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 550 of the paper-based test or 87 on the internet-based is required. Foreign Nationals whose native language is not English and who have not attended an English-Speaking university must present evidence of proficiency in English by satisfactorily completing the TOEFL, administered in foreign countries by the E.T.S. Applicants must request that the official results be sent to The University of Texas-Houston Health Science Center, Office of the Registrar. Further information including dates and places of administration may be obtained separately from the Office of the Registrar, E.T.S. or the world wide web at http://www.toefl.org .
- All applicants must provide evidence of the completion of a baccalaureate degree or its equivalent.
After an applicant’s file is reviewed by the admissions committee, he/she may be selected for an interview. To inquire about interviews, please contact Academic Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-500-3591.
Application materials must be typed or printed in black ink suitable for reproduction.