Submit all application materials to the Office of the Registrar; The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston ; 7000 Fannin, Suite 2250 UCT; P.O. Box 20036; Houston, TX 77225-0036, 713-500-3361. Submission of materials to another address may delay the process. The Registrar forwards application materials received to the School of Biomedical Informatics.
A complete application form will include the following:
- A completed application form.
- Application fee: $60.00 (non-refundable). Send check or money order payable in U.S. dollars drawn on a U.S. bank in the U.S. to:
Office of the Registrar
UT Health Science Center - Houston
P.O. Box 20036
Houston, Texas 77225
Registrar's Office phone number: (713) 500-3361: Or you can pay your application fee online using myUTH. You will need your Application ID number and PIN. Go the the ADMIN tab and choose Status- Admissions
- One official transcript from each college, university or other institution of higher education attended. Transcripts are to be sent at the applicant's request directly to the Office of the Registrar by each of the institutions attended. Please request that transcripts be sent electronically. If you have attended any school within the UTHSC-H, it is not necessary to request transcripts. All Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by an independent evaluation service. It is recommended to use Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. http://www.ece.org for a course by course evaluation.
- Test results are optional. The MAT is administered by Harcourt Brace, and the GRE examination is administered by the Educational Testing Service of Princeton, New Jersey, 08540. Either test is taken at the applicant's expense. Either the written or the computerized version is acceptable. The applicant must specifically request that the results be forwarded directly to the Office of the Registrar using institutional code #6907. Further information including dates and places of administration may be obtained separately from the Office of the Registrar, E.T.S. or the world wide web at http://www.gre.org or http://www.hbtpc.com/mat/ . NOTE: GRE scores need to be sent directly from the Testing Center on data disks and may take up to 3 weeks for us to receive scores from ETS.
- If appropriate, a result of 550 or higher on the paper test or 213 on the computer of the Test English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required. Foreign Nationals whose native language is not English and who have not attended an English-Speaking university must present evidence of proficiency in English by satisfactorily completing the TOEFL, administered in foreign countries by the E.T.S. Applicants must request that the official results be sent to The University of Texas-Houston Health Science Center, Office of the Registrar. Further information including dates and places of administration may be obtained separately from the Office of the Registrar, E.T.S. or the world wide web at http://www.toefl.org .
- All applicants must provide evidence of the completion of a baccalaureate degree or its equivalent.
Application materials must be typed or printed in black ink suitable for reproduction.