The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Office of the Registrar UTHSC-H Search 
Registrar's HomeUTHSC-H HomeContact UsRegistrar Directory UTHSC-H DirectoryUniversity A-Z
Prospective Students Current Students AlumniFaculty & Staff UTHSC-H Calendar
Submit a Customer Survey  

Refund Policy
UTHSC Shuttle Live Map
Upcoming Events

Due Dates for Completion of Incomplete Grades:
See the Deadline dates in the Academic Calendar
Student Services - Forms & Information

Admission   Registration   General
Applications for Admissions - all programs   Add-Drop/ Withdrawal/Audit Form   Address/Telephone
Change Request

make the changes using myUTH
Petition for Equivalency Credit
MD Anderson SHP students only
  Concurrent Enrollment Forms & Instructions   Audit Fees - 1 Course

Audit Fees - Audit Only
    GSBS Employee Audit
For Audit Only enrollment
in a GSBS Course (Fees)
  Enrollment Certification
for verifying enrollment
    GSBS Employee Enrollment
For Credit enrollment
in a GSBS Course
  Hazlewood Act
Forms & Instructions

Policy & Form
  Name Change
click here to print the form
    Petition for Remission   Student's Directory Information
Student choice for release of
directory information.
    Residency Policy
and Form
  Student Employee
FICA Exemption
    Resignation Form
Must be completed for withdrawal
from all classes.
  Student's Rights
under FERPA

SPH Audit
Only Enrollment

For Audit Only enrollment
in a SPH course

  VA Benefits
    Student Health Insurance
    Student Services Fees Waiver    


Hazlewood Act Definition and Instructions

Who can apply?

Individuals who:

  • Were Texas residents at the time they entered the U. S. Armed Forces, or resided in Texas as indicated by “place of entry” on form DD214.
  • Has been classified as a resident by the institution for the term for which the veteran applies for the Hazlewood Act Exemption.
  • Have received an honorable discharge or separation or a general discharge under honorable conditions
  • Have exhausted all federal veteran’s education benefits, including such benefits as those issued under Title 38, United States Code, Chapters 30, 32, and 35, and Title 10, United States Code, Chapters 1606 and 1607.
  • Are not in default on a education loan made or guaranteed by the Federal Government or by the State of Texas.
  • Has attempted fewer than150 credit hours using the Hazelwood Act Exemption beginning with fall of 1995.

The benefit may not be used for correspondence courses unless the courses are part of the student's degree plan.

To date, legislation has NOT been introduced to open the program to veterans from other states. For more detailed information about the Hazlewood Act, contact the Registrar's Office. Detailed information about the Hazlewood Act can be found at

Resident Tuition

All new academic students are classified as a non-resident until a Core Residency Questions form is completed and returned to the Registrar's Office for a decision. If you are claiming Texas as your state of residence, click here to complete the Core Residency Questions Form.

Non-US citizens who are not Permanent Residents but have filed or plan to file for permanent residency must also complete and return to the Registrar's Office the Affidavit of Intent to Become a Permanent Resident. Click here to complete the Affidavit of Intent to Become a Permanent Resident Form.

A non-resident who believes he is eligible to pay Texas tuition rates due to employment, scholarship, military assignment, academic common market, or economic development must complete a "Petition for Remission of Tuition" and submit it to the Registrar's Office each term. If the Registrar's Office is able to verify your Graduate Research Assistant employment prior to registration, a waiver will be entered into myUTH and you will not need to complete a petition. However, after checking your residence status on myUTH, you do not see a student waiver for this term, you must complete a petition and have Section II completed by one of the offices listed below.

Forms are available in the Registrar's Office, 7000 Fannin, Suite 2250 or down load the form at this link: Petition for Remission of Tuition. Petitions will NOT be processed the same day they are received by these offices. Students should allow sufficient time for processing.

GSBS: Business Office, HMC 300 or MDA Office of Education, HMB 16.151
SPH: Administrative Services, RAS W130
All others: Human Resources, UCT 1.150s

For additional information regarding classification as a Texas resident please visit these resources: College For Texans - Residency Information and Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.

Required Immunizations

The University of Texas System and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston require certain immunizations be current before a student is permitted to attend classes. Upon submission of an application for admission, an Immunization Hold is placed in the applicant's record. This hold will prevent registration until it is removed by UT Student Health Services.

You must document your immunizations through our secure online form. To complete these forms please go to our online secure website and follow all instructions. This site can be accessed at:

Once you have entered all required information and it has been verified by our office we will release your immunization hold. If you are a prospective or current student at UTHealth and need immunizations, you are welcome to use Student Health Services – no appointment is required (8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday). Please contact our clinic for current vaccination prices.

The Student Health Services Clinic offers the following services:
Treatment and management of acute and chronic illness, immunizations, travel medicine, well woman exams, school physicals and laboratory testing. Some services are provided free of charge and other services might require a fee. Please contact Student Health Services for detailed information.

Contact Information:
UT Student Health Services Clinic
6410 Fannin, Suite 510
Houston, TX 77030
ph: 713.500.5171
fax: 713.500.0605

Click here for web-based information about the Student Health Clinic.

The Student Health Services Clinic is not to be confused with medical health insurance.

To submit your immunization documentation using the Student Immunization System, click here.

VA Benefits  Click here for VA form on the Department of Veterans Affairs Web site.
VA Regional Office phone number: 1-888-442-4551

If the student has never before applied for VA benefits, she/he must complete an Application for Benefits form. If this is not the first application for benefits, the student must complete a Change of Place or Training application. The appropriate completed form and the DD214 are submitted to the Office of the Registrar to be attached to a certification of enrollment letter to the VA. Certifications are sent before the student has made a payment on his/her tuition for that term.

For assistance please contact Blanca Torres, VA Program Official:

For questions regarding registration, student records, or application forms:
For questions regarding the status of a submitted application for admission to a UTHSCH program:
For questions regarding this web site:
Last Modified: 

Privacy Policy | Open Records Policy | Legal Disclaimer | DMCA | Linking Policy
State of Texas | Statewide Search | Contact Us | Site Policies
Annual Security Report: UTHSC-H's Annual Security Report is available electronically at
The report contains information on campus crime statistics and security measures.  Paper copies are provided by request.
Contact The University of Texas Police Department at 713.792.2890 to obtain a paper copy of this report.

Copyright 2002-Present
7000 Fannin, UCT-2250, Houston, Texas 77030
(713) 500-3361

The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center